In partnership with the Maine Memory Network Maine Memory Network

Norcross Heritage Trust

The Stratton House, Norcross, ca. 1897

Contributed by Norcross Heritage Trust
MMN Item 98851 Item Details
The Stratton House, Norcross, ca. 1897
MMN Item 98851 Zoom

Description

The Stratton House, also known as The Norcross House, was the first hotel in Norcross. Wilbur Stratton of Mattawamkeag built it about 1894. Stratton House was situated overlooking Norcross Cove on North Twin Lake.

Fred Fowler purchased the buildings and business around 1898, and shortly thereafter the hotel burned. Fowler built the succeeding Norcross House hotel closer to the Norcross railroad station.

View additional information about this item on the Maine Memory Network.